Thursday 1 April 2010

Zoladex

Had an appointment for the first injection this morning. The surgery, in their wisdom, did not order in the injection. So I have to go back next Wednesday morning, due to it being a 4 day weekend for Easter.

The injection I will be having every month is Zoladex. I googled it to find out a bit more about it. It turns out it is a Cancer treatment, used to treat breast and prostate cancers. Not loving the idea of an abdominal injection :-\

There are several side effects with it, hot sweats and flushes, weight gain (great as already have a problem with that anyway), Osteoporosis, migraine, upset stomach and whole host of itchy rashes /hives problems. Fantastic. I get to go from mental person every two weeks to a sweaty, red, fat, vomiting freak with a headache. Delightful.

I was really upset this morning when they told me that they had not ordered in the medication, I had psyched myself up for it. On the other hand, at least I got to find out a bit more about it before I have it.

I am starting the HRT today though. This takes me up to 60mg Citalopram (one tablet of 40mg and one of 20mg) 15mg Busparone (3 x 5mg per day) 1 multivit with iron, one 2.5mg Tibolone per day. You will hear me rattle as I approach.

No comments:

Post a Comment