Thursday 8 April 2010

First injection over with

Had my first Zoladex injection yesterday. Not very pleasant but it was OK. Had a local anaesthetic in my tummy, just next to my naval and then the Zoladex. It is a gel implant that releases over the 28 days. The local hurt more than the Zoladex, but I can totally understand the need for a local - that needle is BRUTAL! It goes in at a 45 degree angle and it goes quite deep. Had a blood spill after but was soon mopped up and plastered and off I went.

The walk home (less than 5 minutes) took a bit longer as the local anaesthetic took hold of my quad muscle!!! I honestly thought my leg would collapse and I would have to drag myself back home with my fingertips!

Felt fine all day apart from being a bit bruised and sore, until last night. I felt a bit ropey but put it down to being up from 4.30. My son had had a small accident and wet his pyjama bottoms so had to sort him out at silly o'clock. I couldn't get back to sleep after that so I went downstairs at 5am and did a 50 minute workout!

I went to bed at 9.30pm last night and read my book for a while but I just felt more and more nauseas until I got to the point I had to get up and make sure I wasn't going to vomit. I eventually got to sleep but I was so hot and sick.

I had a lay in this morning until about 8.15am, neither of the children arose until then so that helped. I still feel a bit rough but I guess I will for a while yet, just until my body adjusts.

Have been exercising and eating healthy, I am determined not to gain weight with these injections and tablets I am taking. I struggle with my weight as it is, I need to work hard to lose weight normally, let alone with more chemicals surging around my body.

Right now I need to get up and get showered without throwing up my breakfast. Wish me luck with that!

No comments:

Post a Comment