Thursday 18 March 2010

Welcome to the dark side

The low is kicking in nicely now. The tiredness has hit me and I feel like crap. I fell asleep at 9.30 on the sofa last night, went to bed when my husband woke me and I slept til 7 this morning but still feel really tired. I am resisting the urge to eat cakes and chocolate. This is the biggest contender I have each month. It really gets me down. I joke about being a cakeaholic and a chocoholic because really, the shame of how much I can put away in one sitting is all awful. It really is disgusting. I was diagnosed with binge eating disorder last year, but it is part of the PMDD. How awful is this to be admitting this, I feel wretched with shame now but it is a symptom that needs to be picked up on.

I also haven't really stopped bleeding this cycle, it is the first time I have had this, I usually get two weeks of bleeding then I am OK through the final two weeks. This time it has been on and off the whole time, mostly on. This makes me tired too, even though I take extra iron supplements I don't think my body is keeping hold of the iron due to the amount of blood loss I have.

Grim isn't it?

I can feel the darkness taking over, it started this afternoon and as the past 2 hours have gone on I can feel it consuming me. I would really like to curl up in bed until it passes. Not possible with a 3 year old and an 8 year old. This is the start though, the worst bit. It has arrived a bit later than anticipated but this month is all wonky anyway.

Just phoned the surgery to see if they have my injections in yet and they haven't even had a letter from the hospital. Phoned the hospital, they are shut now. Bloody NHS, I feel like I am forever trapped in the realms of their "communication" which ceases to exist, mostly. I am still awaiting appointments which I have been promised since last May, but that is a whole other story which I may, or may not go into later.

Anyway, I shall leave it there for today. Not really in the mood for going into anymore. Just want to sleep forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment