Sunday 21 March 2010

Back to Normality

I feel bloody brilliant! The sun is out, I have just battled through 40 minutes of kick boxing, about to have some breakfast and I feel good!

Inevitably my period has arrived and hence why I feel all is right with the world! Most women dread the arrival of their period, the cramps, the inconvenience. But for me I can handle the cramps, they aren't as bad as the pain I get in the middle to end of my cycle. Yeah sure, the blood loss isn't pleasant and I seem to have more than average, more like a hemorrage each month, but it has calmed down a lot. I had a coil fitted last year, one of the "fixes" that was supposed to stop everything being so bad, all that did was calm down the blood loss. Most women don't bleed at all with a Mirena, so I guess the hormones in it are supposed to stop it.

I should mention the medication I am on too. I currently take 60mg Citalopram, 15mg Busparone and an iron tablet everyday. The Citalopram has levelled me out immensely but it doesn't affect me at all in the second half of my cycle, this is why I knew there was more to it than just depression. The Busparone is an anti anxiety drug, like Valium but less addictive. This has helped with the paranoia and panic attacks I regularly got, although I do still suffer with the paranoia sometimes. Finally the iron tablets, this is to help with the anaemia I suffer with the amount of blood loss I get, this is why I get so lethargic every month.

So before I get caught up with explaining too much boring stuff I am off to enjoy my day, my Daughter has a party today and we have friends round for dinner tonight, I am cooking them a wonderful recipe courtesy of my friend Shev on her SlimmingEats website. She does the most amazing food, whether you are following the Slimming World plan or not!!!

That is all for now, I am off to find my play centre attire - no one will keep me off the monkey bars today ;)

1 comment:

  1. Glad its a good day today Cara - enjoy the monkey bars xxx

    ReplyDelete