Wednesday 16 June 2010

The day after a downer

Feeling much more chipper today! Had a good cry last night and through a waterfall of snot and tears snivelled about how rubbish I am on days like those. Made all kinds of rubbish complaints about how I am a useless Mother and I haven't done any housework and therefore am a rubbish Wife too. But my Husband, very lovingly, pointed out that I had in fact successfully got through the day with two children still very much alive, fed and cared for. So that was a bonus!

I can't have been as bad as I thought because I was able to give him a 45 minute run down of the Brazil V S. Korea game!

Bless my lovely friend C, she took me off to the supermarket with her this morning so that I was not on my own, I think it was just a ploy to make me push the trolley, but I am grateful nevertheless!!!

I am glad that yesterday is over. I think my defences to those sorts of days are rather low, having not had those days all too often in the last 3 months. But having had that day yesterday, it made me realise just how far I have come. Those days lasted for 2 weeks not 6 months ago. Now I just have one day like that every couple of months. That is major progression and I shouldn't lose sight of that fact.

Onwards and upwards, as always :O)

No comments:

Post a Comment