Tuesday 4 May 2010

A change is a-coming!

I can honestly say I have not felt this good for a VERY long time. Things are already starting to get better and I kid you not, I am fighting fit and ready to rumble! It is now a month since my last injection - I am having my next one tomorrow, the difference is astounding. I have had no pain really, maybe some niggles, nothing major. I have not had any major mood swings, just one day at mid cycle. Nothing the day before myu period arrived which was always the suicidal day.

Yes, I have had some other ailments to put up with, the odd hot flush and bad skin but on the whole I would put up with those a million times over compared to what my life was like before Zoladex!

I have just had the most brilliant weekend with friends. It has been a bank holiday this weekend and over the course of 3 days I have consumed my body weight in wine and slept barely enough to keep functioning but hell it was fun!!!!! I could never imagine how free I would feel after the last few years. I doubt this weekend would have been like that at all, had I not started these injections already.

I am dreading tomorrows injection. Now I am aware of how bad the injection really is, I dread it! But it will be over by 10.30 and the local will wear off by the afternoon and I know to take some pain killers when I get home now. So whilst I am dreading it, I am prepared. It is not much to sacrifice for all the freedom I have had this past month.

I am now looking forward to September when I go back to the consultant and tell them it is working!!!!

Here is to many more happy posts!

4 comments:

  1. Fab news honey and glad it's all going well for you now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Long may it continue - hope the bruise isn't as bad as last time. Lots of love xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. So Zoladex turns off your hormones, correct? I had a Lupron shot that was probably similar to what you're talking about a few years ago. The relief was great...until the menopause stuff started. I didn't realize I could use HRT back then to balance it out. I can't tolerate progesterone...it sends me straight into PMDD hell...so I will only add back the estrogen and testosterone. Thank you for the book referral, by the way! I need to get my eating UNDER control!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oi Cara, a Big change was coming - look how far you've come since then <3

    ReplyDelete